Our economic future depends on small business. But increasingly only those with personal wealth or assets are in a position to make a real go of ‘going it alone’.
Archive | Inclusive Entrepreneurship RSS feed for this section
Summarised version of keynote presentation to the ACBBA/ SFEDI European Community Based Business Adviser Conference, London 13 Sept 2010. Nobel peace prize winner, Muhammad Yunus says: “All human beings are born entrepreneurs. Some get a chance to unleash that capacity. Some never get the chance, never know that he or she has that capacity.” I […]
Everyone has a business in them, according to the enterprise campaign recently launched by David Cameron. The self-employment rate is already at its highest level since the 1930s. But as a new report from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), based on official figures, suggests that these new entrepreneurs are in fact a growing class of vulnerable workers. […]
Greenwellfuture provides inclusive entrepreneurship CPD to business support providers and policy makers, who want to ensure that business support services attract a broader range of participants. The presentation below gives a snap-shot of a small part of our training programme. For more information please see our Inclusive Enterprepreneurship section or get in touch for an informal discussion. How to […]
Optimism and chance are key factors in business success according to new research. But optimism about your own abilities can be built with good training and support.
Recently I’ve been involved in setting up and managing the Enterprise for All Network (EfAN), an online forum of ‘enterprise’ professionals who are concerned about the place of enterprise promotion and business support within the Coalition Government’s proposed new Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs). Over the past few weeks forum members have shared views and experience, while […]
As world leaders head to Copenhagen to trade ideas, if not actions, on a low-carbon future, let’s hope their reading lists are not restricted to the new and shiny. Thirty five years ago EF Schumacher wrote ‘Small is Beautiful‘, which predicted the devastation we now see from squandered natural resources. He called for an economics […]
Greenwell delivers consultancy, research and training about entrepreneurship, equality and self-employment..
- Trade Unions for the Self-Employed? March 29, 2012
- Small is Beautiful: the Environmental Benefits of Home Working March 29, 2010
- Jobs for the Girls: Time for a Progressive Women’s Enterprise Strategy June 29, 2012
- Good Designers Understand Business Management Constraints September 29, 2012
- CEOs pay lip-service to Teamwork November 29, 2012
- Blogging for Researchers December 10, 2013
- Community Wind Power on the retreat in Denmark November 10, 2013
- Lost Power Could Fund Electricity Expansion in Africa October 10, 2013
- Feminomics – A New Perspective on Gender and Leadership March 29, 2013
- Flexicurity for the Self-employed December 29, 2012